Thursday, July 17, 2008

Murphy's Law

I never had a slice of bread,
Particularly large and wide,
That did not fall upon the floor,
And always on the buttered side.

--printed 1841

Perhaps I'm being too pessimistic, but whenever it comes to wedding planning thus far, I get really discouraged. It doesn't feel like the wonderful I'm-a-princess-now feeling I used to imagine it would be in high school. I've had many break downs over the phone with my fiance, and I've even had a few fights with some people regarding things like the size of the guest list, who is on it, or where the ceremony should be.

But all of that pales to the situation I'm grappling for wisdom for right now. I'm trying to be diplomatic yet sincere, I'm trying to handle this like a lady should and save face for everyone with as much grace as I can. It's really difficult though because of this awkward situation I find myself in, because it's the kind than can break a friendship in an instant--particularly because the areas where I've felt injustice on my part extend beyond things regarding my wedding.

Think of me if you will, good friends! It would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Oh kelly that sucks! Believe me, you will be a princess!