Sunday, July 20, 2008

Many things

Last night, when I was at Barnes and Noble with my fiance and my good friend Shanna, I bought a copy of East of Eden by John Steinbeck. I've never read it before, but I've heard so many good things about it, so I couldn't resist. It's become my "work-out" book, because I read it while I'm working out on my exercise bike. So far, I've come to really enjoy it, but I'm only about five or six chapters in, and the length is a little daunting.
This Sunday was rather special for my family. It was my Dad's ordination service in church this morning. He's been a licensed pastor for several years now, and this morning he was officially ordained. I must say, I'm really proud of him.
The table and chairs I found are coming along nicely! The table is painted and just needs to be distressed now. I've scraped the chairs and they're ready for painting. It's been so hot out though I don't know when I'll get to it.
The other day I had the opportunity to visit an old friend from high school. We were friends, but not exceptional friends--the kind that are in the same social circle, mostly. Once college began, we almost nearly lost touch. But she's back in the area now, so we decided to get together. There's a cafe in my town, the Riverfront Cafe, that sits across the street from the river. When it opened years ago, it became one of the most popular places in town, but then it closed for at least a year. The paint on the outside was peeling and it sort of became an eyesore. But some people bought it, kept the name, fixed it up, and now it's open again. It was the first time I'd been back in there, but it was really nice! Their desserts come from the Indulgence Cafe in Mishawaka, and they were so delectable and beautiful! It was very good to catch up with my friend again, and I enjoyed my time with her immensely. In a time where I feel as though I'm searching for friends, it was nice to connect with someone. I hope we keep seeing each other.
On the conversation of friends, I ended up making a difficult decision today regarding my wedding--as I'd written about earlier. It wasn't easy, and I'd thought a lot about it, but even though it was a sticky situation and a difficult decision, I feel like it was still a justifiable and respectable choice. I'm just hoping for the best now.
And to end on a lighter note--this Wednesday is the date for Josh's and my engagement pictures to be taken! I'm throughly excited.

No comments: