Thursday, September 11, 2008

I bought the book In Defense of Food today by Michael Pollan. I'm hoping to use it as a good part of my independent study on "the sociology of food." Originally, I got a different book to read entitled, "Sociology on the menu." The book sounded interesting, but about two chapters in, it really just drooooooned on and on about things that I really didn't care about. It wasn't what I was looking for. So we'll give Pollan's book a shot. In the cultural studies section of B&N there was a huge book--bigger than a giant print Bible--simply titled "food politics." Blatant and to the point. (And probably what I *should* have bought) But it just looked SO dense and SO over my head. Hence, Mr. Pollan is the winner.



I hope this book doesn't guilt me into eating salads. Bleck! ;-)

No comments: